A few days ago, my good friend and fellow blogger Connie Gochenaur surprised me with a nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Connie writes two very good blogs, including one that chronicles her mother’s journey through dementia. A Journey With Mom, is raw, moving and inspiring. Please visit her there and at My Days Well-Lived.
This is an award that we pay forward — honoring the bloggers whom we follow and who inspire us. Here are the rules:
Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
List the rules and display the award.
Share seven facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven facts? Here we go:
- I’m a small-town girl, transplanted to the country and loving it (as long as I can get to a big city once in awhile).
- I home schooled our four sons for 20 years before “retiring”.
- In another life, I’ve been a news reporter (I once met Sam Walton) and a floral designer (funeral flowers were my specialty).
- In yet another life, I ran a school lunch program and went into elementary classrooms dressed as the Pink Panther to teach kids about good nutrition.
- I’m the oldest of five children
- I wrote a little book with my Dad about his life (you can own one — see the sidebar).
- I love Jesus Christ more every day.
- BONUS: I believe we miss half of what’s going on around us because we’re too focused on ourselves (preaching to the choir here).
I follow many inspiring bloggers, a few of which probably don’t even know who I am. But I will follow the rules (except that I’m only giving you a baker’s dozen) and link them up here so that you can be inspired by them, too, then I’ll hop on over and introduce myself to them.